A visit from the firemen

Today we had a visit from the firemen at the local firestation. They came to speak to all the juniors about firework safety. The children were reminded about the ‘Firework Code’  and were told about what might happen if they didn’t follow the code.

The ‘Firework Code’

Keep fireworks in a sealed box or tin

 Use them one at a time, replacing the lid immediately

 NEVER put fireworks in your pocket

 Read the instructions carefully, using a torch or hand lamp NEVER use a naked flame

 Light fireworks at arms length using a taper or a firework lighter

 Stand well back and NEVER return to a firework after it has been lit, it could explode in your face

 Ensure that all chidren with fireworks are well supervised

 NEVER throw fireworks

 Keep all pets and animals indoors

 Take care of sparklers, wear gloves to hold them and dispose of sparklers in a bucket of water as soon as they are finished

16 thoughts on “A visit from the firemen”

  1. I saw the pictures and i still remember some esspecially the one of the little boy he really heart himself. He scolded himself !!!!!!!

  2. the pictures were grousome u wouldnt do a thing like that EWWWWWWWW it was HORRIBLE REALY HORRIBLE

  3. ARE YOU HAVING AFIREWORK PARTY OR ARE YOU GOING to apirework display displays are saferrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

  4. we had the firemen in to talk to us about firework saftey. you have to wear gloves whilst holding a sparkerler.there was so many injurys last year in manchster.the firemen showed us some really grousome pictures.

  5. I hate the injuries that the firemen showed everyone grooooooosssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s